[arg_discuss] Weekly IRC Chat Tomorrow

Mike Monello mmonello at campfirenyc.com
Wed Aug 20 22:55:33 EDT 2008

Hey, I'm still on Usenet, and when I try to explain what it is and how to use it to people they look at me like I'm some insane hacker. I would also argue that "ordinary" people don't real-time roleplay online at all, forget about IRC or web chat!

On 8/20/08 7:40 PM, "John Evans" <btradish at earthlink.net> wrote:

>Since IRC = tech geek to most, it marginalizes the groups ability to affect opinion.

IRC does not "equal tech geek"; it's been around for about 20 years and
become a standard. Ordinary eople use it everyday for real-time
activities like roleplaying.

--
John Evans
Chaoseed Software - http://chaoseed.com