[arg_discuss] What's the G stand for?

Hugh Davies marcus.helm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:43:26 EDT 2007

I just got up and read this thread and felt i had to chip in. But mind mind
hasnt hit speed yet and im having trouble forming what im trying to say.
Rest assured im pretty sure I know what i mean.

I also feel that "Game" in ARG refers more to the interaction between
participants and PM's than the individual tasks. Otherwise ARG's are just
recontextualised puzzles. But I also feel that the term "Alternate
Reality" can be interpreted as a game - a game being an sandbox world
similar to but different to reality and with its own rules.

In this way, the term ARG might be though of as a Game Game or a game within
a game.

But i still prefer the term ARG to ARI (interaction) or Game game.
hugh