[arg_discuss] What's the G stand for?

Brian Clark bclark at gmdstudios.com
Wed Oct 3 16:58:11 EDT 2007

> I think it would be cool if there was an ARG featuring just character

> interaction instead of puzzles. That would skew it more towards

> roleplaying than current ARGs are.

I think people's consensus is "not an ARG" -- the description above is a
fair match to "Nothing So Strange" (www.nothingsostrange.com) and its online
universe ... add in "feature film" and "reality hack". Not an ARG --
probably because of lack of clear goals that could be advanced?

It begs the question "is spec narrative" to which I think the answer is
"sometimes".

>So my ultimate point, obvious though it is, is that for it to be a "game"

>there has to be interaction between players and PMs. ;)

Really? What if the players were primarily interacting with each other?

Brian