[arg_discuss] Intro

Annette Mees annette at internation.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 10:39:50 EST 2007

Dear List,

I was introduced to the list by the lovely Mr. Varela. After signing
up I got the introduce-yourself-request. Having had a look at the
people list I found several people I know and some people I've worked
with.
For anyone I don't know, a quick introduction:

I am a theatre director and an adventure and game designer of Dutch
origin, now based in London. I am especially interested in work that
focuses on the possibility of genuine exchange of authoritative
control between makers and audience. Upcoming projects include
Permission to Play at The Globe, The Rubbish Game at the Science
Museum and PubliCity. Recent game projects include Soho Project, A
Small Town Anywhere and People Watching at COaP.

I am part of Coney, a collective making adventures, participatory and
immersive theatre, performance and games. I'm also the resident
director of the Ahh Performance Lab, which is dedicated to finding
novel, unconventional ways to deepen the engagement of and interaction
with audiences in original settings.

My talents are best used as an audience experience designer, backstory
dramaturg and the design and the direction of live events.