[arg_discuss] Value of ARGs to clients

despain at quantumcontent.com despain at quantumcontent.com
Mon Nov 12 14:07:06 EST 2007

For the most part, I agree with Evan. I believe all things can be
measured, or at least approximated fairly accurately.

> If the end result is higher

> than the prediction, then the ARG must be the marketing iniative driving

> this. It may sound like a little hocus pocus at first but if the CMO of

> Coke is preaching it... :)

Unfortunately, the CMO of Coke may preach it, but not everybody believes
it. In my personal experience, if the end result is higher than expected
the ARG won't necessarily get the credit. Not unless the people in power
are 100% behind the ARG.

With so many estimated variables, it's easy to think the especially
nice-looking billboards made the difference.

But this comes back to being a new media in a crowded space. I expect the
situation will improve over time.

Wendy Despain
quantumcontent.com