[arg_discuss] Next SIG IRC Meeting: Nov. 12 TODAY!

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:11:10 EST 2007

Here's your friendly reminder, ARG SIG chat on IRC today!

Noon Eastern time
5pm GMT
9am Pacific
4am Sydney (Ack!)

There's not much of an agenda, so it's likely to be short and sweet today.

HOW TO GET ON IRC

For those of us who may not be familiar with IRC, you first need to
download a client such as mIRC for Windows (http://www.mirc.org/) or
Colloquy for OSX (http://colloquy.info/downloads.html).

When you have it downloaded and installed, you will need to connect to
a server. Ours is irc.chat-solutions.org. The port you will need is
the default, 6667. Once you have a connection to the server, you need
to join the SIG chat channel, which is #arg_sig

You may also use the Unfiction applet here: http://www.unfiction.com/chat/

Just make sure to input #arg_sig into the channel field, plus your name & etc.

If you've never used IRC before and you're a little worried, I'd
encourage you to try it out ahead of time, it won't hurt anything. :)
And feel free to email me if you're having trouble getting everything
all set up.

--
Andrea Phillips
andrhia at gmail.com