[arg_discuss] Nine Inch Nails ARG

Michael Cox mikeyj.cox at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:58:14 EDT 2007

Nothing to do with me - the inspiration is here
http://www.sfweekly.com/2007-04-18/news/future-games/ and Jane McGonigal,
you don't have to put together an ARG to analyse novel data, old data will
do just as well (and maybe better as at least you know how good the outcome
is) and is appropriate for teaching, at least at university level in the
sciences. Processes could be taught as games, without the knowledge of what
the components are in reality until a post game session, when all of sudden
your class realises that in all the fun they've just had they've actually
got a deep and meaningful understanding of a particularly desiccated section
of Boyle's Law. It would be a case of choosing the right topic and finding
a fun game though. Periodic Table Scrabble loses on both counts.

--
http://www.billion2one.org/

mobile: (44)(0) 7814 338065
office: (44)(0) 151 795 4576 / Lab. 4580
fax: (44)(0) 151 795 4410