[arg_discuss] Greetings and a Question

Alex Jarvis adrenjarvi at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:28:54 EDT 2007

Hello all, My name is Alex Jarvis- long time listener, first time Caller. I
am a college student in Connecticut hoping to bring Game Design to my campus
due to the lack of any similar programs on the east coast, specifically the
north east. I have been feverishly interested in ARG's since hearing of them
- The idea of a world-wide mindgame somehow appeals to me :).
Now, on topic; After one extremely revealing event* on my campus, it has
been drawn to my attention that my campus would be ripe to host an ARG-
however, as far as I know, it would be the odd man out, focusing around an
actual physical location rather than world-wide website. Would anyone have
literature, or tips, on how one might go about launching a "Local Alternate
Reality Game" - With, of course, full permission of the administration :).

Danke!
--
Alex Jarvis
Ludology Student

* The event- in our cafeteria hall, which is obsessively noisy, there are
several television screens on the walls. One day, one by one, each buzzed
and went out. The room, always roaring, drew deathly silent for a full 20
minutes. I had to cover my mouth from giggling and began jotting down on my
notebook immediately. The fact that there is a graveyard on campus and we
are considered one of the area's most haunted in the area means that I
really have a juicy field to play on.