[arg_discuss] ARGs & relational aesthetics

libfli at aol.com libfli at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 15:13:41 EDT 2007

i've just read an article in variety that's really discussing the "360" extras for network shows (rather than a full ARG) -- the tone is very negative. again, all about the numbers. below is a bit and the link.

Catering to hardcore followings is fine, then, but only if the process recognizes that TV's primary goal still involves attracting a mob. Because while cult fans might provide a show's beating heart, programmers won't be able to give them anything to be cultish about in the long run if there isn't a crowd to go with them.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117961333.html?categoryid=1682&cs=1