[arg_discuss] A Meta-ARG Website Idea

Mark Heggen markheggen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:33:27 EST 2007

On 3/6/07, John Evans <btradish at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The idea is basically to have an in-character news site. In other words, you

> have a news site or blog that chronicles strange events in the world. Only

> these events are all fictional; often the kind of nonsense you'd find in

> supermarket tabloids. Predictions of disasters, prophecies, sightings of weird

> creatures, and so on. But every now and then there would be an article that

> described an event that was real *within the context of an ARG

While the idea of a "clearing house" of trailheads, plot/character
development, plot advancements and so on is certainly intriguing, it
seems that placing all involved ARGs within one single "universe"
might create a lot of problems. To so blatantly cross the continuities
of the various in-game plots is confusing at best and destructive at
worst. If these stories are taking place in the same universe,
information from one would need to apply in others. Isn't the chance
pretty high that problems would emerge?

Maybe I am all wrong. Just something to think about.