[arg_discuss] A Meta-ARG Website Idea

Andrea Phillips deusexmachinatio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:27:31 EST 2007

On 3/6/07, John Evans <btradish at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The idea is basically to have an in-character news site. In other words, you

> have a news site or blog that chronicles strange events in the world. Only

> these events are all fictional; often the kind of nonsense you'd find in

> supermarket tabloids. Predictions of disasters, prophecies, sightings of weird

> creatures, and so on. But every now and then there would be an article that

> described an event that was real *within the context of an ARG*.

Sounds like a terrific idea, and a pretty big project. :) I'd just
like to offer you a kind word of warning, though, having written,
well, *quite a lot* of fake news over the last couple of years... it's
harder than it looks after the first couple of weeks. ;) Don't
underestimate the amount of time it would take to keep this thing
running!

--Andrea