[arg_discuss] Penny Arcade and the Ovaltine Disappointment

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Jun 28 13:16:07 EDT 2007

> Whilst the "spooky and mysterious website" ARGs have the Achievers,

> there is nothing truly to Explore, or any way for me to show off my

> achievements for other people.

And to potentially curtail the inevitable:

Yes, I prefer to play MMORPGs solo.

World of Warcraft let's you solo the entire game if you'd like. Sure,
you'll miss out on some of the greater endgame content and, sure,
sometimes you just NEED a party, but it's not required. I don't buy the
idea that "Uh, DuDE. it's MULTIPLAYER - if you want to solo, go play
something else.". MP to me, /in the world of MMOs/, doesn't mean that I
HAVE to play WITH someone - it just means I share a world with many
other real people who create a more interesting experience than if it
were all computer controlled.

ARGs that give me a chance to shine individually, as well
as meaningfully contribute as a team, interest me most.

--
Morbus Iff ( if i could change the future, i'd change the past instead )
aim: akaMorbus / skype: morbusiff / icq: 2927491 / jabber.org: morbus