[arg_discuss] ARG listservs and call for posting info

Christy Dena cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com
Thu Jun 7 21:40:26 EDT 2007

Hello All,

Adam, I've had a flurry of signups on the researcher listserv too so I
thought I'd post about both of the lists, to both of the lists, in case some
people are not aware of the other.

<repost>

I just wanted you all to know that there are 2 listervs. The main ARG IGDA
listserv in which you can discuss anything. There is also the Researcher
listserv which was created to enable researchers and educators to discuss at
length their work to a group with shared interests. If you're a researcher
and/or educator, I recommend you join both!

IGDA ARG discussion list

ARG Researcher and Educator list

Also, I want to update the 'ARGs and Research' & 'ARGs and Education' pages
in the wiki. It seems people are not posting into it - most probably due to
the need to create a password. So, I will pop in the details into the wiki.
I have a long list of things to add but it would also help greatly if
whenever people come across a project, they post the info to either listerv.
Here is what I'm after:

ARGs & Education
(http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Alternate_Reality_Games_SIG/Educators_an
d_ARGs)

1) ARGs that are created by educators to help students (youth to
adults) learn something other than ARGs (eg: Queensland Uni did one to teach
students about town planning);

2) Courses that direct students (youth to adults) to create ARGs to
either learn what ARGs are or to learn something else in the process (eg:
Monash Uni got students to create ARGs to learn about cross-media graphic
design);

3) ARGs that are created by educators (corporate & academic) to train
others in what ARGs are (eg: Bryan Alexander's ARG for academic to learn
what they are);

4) Research into the use of ARGs in education (eg: New Media
Literacies Project).

ARGs & Researchers
(http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Alternate_Reality_Games_SIG/Academic_ARG
_Researchers)

ARGs that are the subject of research (any discipline, any year level)

</repost>

Best,

Christy

Universe Creator & Transmodiologist