[arg_discuss] PM-created listservs - tv show wikis

Brooke Thompson brooke at mirlandano.com
Mon Jan 29 09:25:41 EST 2007

Not an ARG, per se, but I found it quite interesting that CBS had set up a
wiki for Jericho - I believe that I even mentioned it on the ARGNet Netcast
when we were talking about how fantastic a Jericho ARG would be.
http://jerichowiki.cbs.com/

I find it interesting that networks are starting wikis for these shows
instead of soap operas which not only have incredibly active online viewers
but have rich and confusing histories which would benefit greatly from a
wiki. If you look at wikipedia, you'll find viewers attempts at putting that
history together there and with wikipedia pages easily grabbed, I would
think that networks would be interested in pulling that information over to
their site and drawing more of the online community back to the network
site.

Sorry for the derail there, but that's been on my mind since I first saw the
Jericho wiki.