[arg_discuss] ARG's in Asia... (and: date/time requests for nextARG SIG IRC chat?)

Brooke Thompson brooke at mirlandano.com
Tue Apr 10 15:03:01 EDT 2007

>From a bit of experience in coordinating international teams, I think the

first step is to actually find out who would be interested in attending the
chat and where they're from, first. I know we have people from both the UK
and OZ on here. If people from both areas want to attend, there's really
only one block of time that will work:

7-9 AM Melbourne
10-Midnight London
5-7 PM New York
2-4 PM Los Angeles

Anything different is too late for the Europeans and too early for the
Australians and this is rather pushing it, but with a 2 hour block, you're
offering people from each an hour or so that they can participate and be
somewhat awake. People that want to attend will just have to accept the time
and then it's a matter of figuring out the day.

But, if there isn't a heavy demand from London or OZ, there's a bit more
flexibility but also complexity as now people can choose both what time is
best and what day.