[arg_discuss] upcoming article on non-casual investigations into ARGs

Mark Heggen markheggen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:04:19 EDT 2007

I am currently writing an article discussing the various non-casual
investigations into ARGs that are going on these days. It seems like a
wonderful time to take stock of the various "serious" possibilities
that are being explored in (or through) the art form. The article will
run on ARGNet and probably my own site. It is intended to be an easily
approachable way to help expose casual players (or people new to the
whole field) to the more serious efforts being made by investigators
and practitioners. I have already had some wonderful input from people
in the commercial, literary, and sociological fields, but I would love
to add even more input from any interested people. Specifically I know
that I would like to hear from people involved in academic inquiries
into ARGs, but I am certainly open to any other angles or voices that
I may have missed. If you are interested in answering a couple of
questions (via email if that works for you) for the article, let me
know. Thanks.

_Mark Heggen