[arg_discuss] ARGs in Education & PMs in Australia

Hugh Davies marcus.helm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 05:21:05 EST 2006

Hello Christy

I saw you request for a Puppet Master. While I have never run anything
larger than an ARG at city scale, I do have some experience puppet
mastering, and a huge amount of experience designing narratives in real and
digital spaces. I would be happy to come along and help out. But if you want
some really heavy action – I think that Jane McGonigal is around Hong Kong
and Delhi around now-ish.

I went to the Come Out and Play Festival in Manhattan last month which was
great. I got to meet both Jane Mcgonigal and Jesper Juul! As excellent as it
was, I was completely gushing and made little practical use of the contact.
But I met some of great people and played fantastic games, easily the
funnest finding out that mission I have been on in ages.

Anyway, I have put together a lecture on Street Play and Alternate Reality
Gaming which I have been delivering at a couple of Universities here in
Adelaide. The screen Department at Flinders Uni wants to get it into their
syllabus and me to teach it which is great, but I am heading back to
Melbourne to live in 2007.

I've got a personal mission to get an outdoor gaming festival happening in
the next 18 months and I am using this lecture to build awareness and
momentum so I am pleased to do any academic spots to spread the word as well
as to recruit individuals to assist on my own ARG.

Let me know if you hear of anything else.

Cheers

Hugh