[arg_discuss] ARG_Discuss Digest, Vol 13, Issue 9

Xavier Aubuchon-Mendoza xavieram at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:50:28 EST 2006

> Colin Gehrig wrote:

> > What is religion's TINAG principle?

> Taking fiction and pretending it's all true.

> I would go further but my magic friend in the sky is asking me to burn

> some Catholics and the petrol station closes at 6.00.

This presents an interesting ethical principle - what if our fiction is
/too/ believable? If we say "TINAG" and they /believe/ us? A game which
involves some religious facet - some cult that holds mysterious knowledge,
or whatever - which somebody actually ends up adopting?

Is it possible to go too far, in other words? Where are they grey areas, the
slippery slopes?

X.