[arg_discuss] Introductions...

Karen Schrier kschrier at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 30 14:24:00 EST 2006

Hi there,

I've been on the list for a while, but I don't think I ever introduced
myself.

I am a media producer and games researcher living in New York City. I was
recently working as the Content Director of BrainPOP U (www.brainpop.com),
where I was creating online animated movies, games, and features. But I will
soon start my new position at Nickelodeon/MTV Networks.

I also received a graduate degree from MIT's Comparative Media Studies
program, where I studied games and learning. As part of my graduate thesis,
I created "Reliving the Revolution," an augmented reality game (it's
debatable, but I think it could also be considered an ARG). Check out more
at http://www.karenschrier.com/NewWebsite/Pages/thesis.htm .

I have been presenting my games research internationally at conferences such
as SIGGRAPH 2006 and AoIR's Internet Research 7.0. I also recently published
a book chapter in *Games and Simulations in Online Learning*, and I have one
coming up in *Ubiquitous and Pervasive Knowledge and Learning
Management*. Check
out the abstracts here:
http://www.karenschrier.com/NewWebsite/Pages/papers2.htm.

Karen