[arg_discuss] [pm] Commercial vs. Grassroots, Player or PM?

Brooke Thompson brooke at mirlandano.com
Fri Mar 31 22:33:37 EST 2006

I agree that it's splitting hairs, to a degree. But, I think it's an
important distinction when one considers the ARGs used in educational
settings (I know of several used to support school curriculum) and corporate
training. Those are not about selling or marketing, however they are about
building awareness. There's a game that I'm aware of that's in very early
development stages that will work on social awareness of a local public
policy. Is it selling? Marketing?

So, splitting hairs? Perhaps. More accurately defining? I think so.

ARGs do not have to have to be run along side a product or serving as a
promotional tool and, as someone actively working in another environment, I
suppose that I'm a bit sensitive to people limiting discussion to that.