[arg_discuss] Digital Communities - UK, 29 June 2006

Dan Hon dan at mindcandydesign.com
Mon Jun 26 08:13:36 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm going to be speaking at a panel at Digital Communities in Bristol
in the UK on 29 June 2006. Anyone else going to be there or like to
meet up?

We're going to be covering "multi-player, multi-media community
forums", so I'll be talking a little about what we've learnt with the
Perplex City community, what's worked, what hasn't worked, where
we're heading with ARG genre gaming and what ARGs can offer (and take
from) other media.

Here're the talk details:

  All In The Game

4pm - 4.50pm

Broadband, mobile devices and wireless connectivity have transformed
the world of gaming from a solitary sofa-based pursuit to a multi-
player, multi-media community forum.  From Google's Da Vinci Code
Quest to the labyrinth of forums, fake websites and additional
content that exist to solve the mysteries of ABC drama Lost,
increasingly sophisticated consumer marketing campaigns are
contributing to the blurring of lines between gaming, media and real
life. This session explores how the latest incarnation of the gaming
phenomena attracts a broader demographic and is creating virtual
communities who share knowledge, pool resources and establish new
markets.

Speakers:
Hugh Hancock, Chief Executive, Strange Company (Machinima Production
Company)
Dan Hon, Chief Operating Officer, Mind Candy
Maurice Wheeler, Digital Outlook (represents Xbox 360™)

http://www.watershed.co.uk/digital_communities/

--
Dan Hon
COO