[arg_discuss] Introductions

Ian Kizu-Blair ikb at paragoogle.com
Thu Jul 13 14:48:55 EDT 2006

Hi all, I'm Ian Kizu-Blair.  I'm one of the co-creators of SFZero (
http://www.sfzero.org), a free collaborative production game.  My goal as a
game designer is to help players understand that they have it within them to
change and control the real world.  Game structures give players the tools
they need to model the real on the virtual and escape the trap of wasting
away indoors playing virtual games that are more and more realistic. I
believe in letting players create their own narrative through collaboration
and interaction.  I also believe that alternate reality games are
particularly powerful as media structures go and that using them for
advertising/marketing is destructive, and cheapens them to the point of
making them worthless.  Before starting up SFZero, I created a game in
Chicago called "Helen Chanam."

I'm already really psyched up about this listserve because the first post I
saw was about Clint Conley.

Nice to meet everyone!  If anyone has any suggestions for improving SFZero,
let me know.

- Ian