[arg_discuss] Sony's PSP viral marketing efforts

Brian Clark bclark at gmdstudios.com
Thu Dec 14 05:48:31 EST 2006

>The apology almost sounds like part of the original plan. I wouldn't be

>suprised if it was, as they've driven many people to their site.

If only most ad agencies were that crafty. In almost every case I've ever
encountered, advertising agencies (even of the viral kind) under-estimate
the collective intelligence of the audience (rather than anticipating it and
building a more crafty plan.) They'll tell you otherwise after the fact, of
course ;)

Now ... the CLEVER marketer would have done something like make another
video about they hate fake videos but still want their PSP for Christmas.