[arg_discuss] Sony's PSP viral marketing efforts

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:30:30 EST 2006

On 13/12/06, Brian Clark <bclark at gmdstudios.com> wrote:

> Doesn't that seem a little out-of-scope for the ARG community?

Yes. But how much does that really matter? I'd say that as
professionals there is an onus to get involved in things not strictly
in our disciplline when that involvement can do us and our discipline
a lot of good. As individuals, even if it just gives us better
understanding of things that are not ARG's (other forms of viral
marketing, for instance) then thats a key part of the individual's
ongoing professional development. As a group, the average level of
understanding of viral marketing issues seems to me to be a lot higher
than that of people I meet whose profession is "viral marketer" or
similar. So, maybe there are some useful things that ARG people can
say or do that will help people in VM.

And ... should ARG people feel reticent to jump from discipline to
discipline when one of the things many ARGs excel at is jumping
rapidly from medium to medium rather than sticking with just one? :)

Adam