[arg_discuss] ARG SIG News Dec 2006: whitepaper, talks, call for volunteers

Christy Dena cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com
Wed Dec 6 05:14:22 EST 2006

Hello All!

I've bitten the bullet and started the ARG wiki here:

http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Alternate_Reality_Games_SIG

The process to edit the wiki pages requires an IGDA registration. There is
a free registration option.

I've populated the page with some possible titles. These are placeholders I
put in quickly so please feel free to change. I've started populating the
ARG researchers and educators section with what was in the whitepaper. There
are many educators that have flagged their work on this list, on my blog and
in personal emails so please add yourselves and your details.

I wasn't quite sure if we were going to publish the wiki in sections as per
the whitepaper or as per a wiki style. This open to discussion here. But
the ball is rolling.

I invite all ARG researchers, educators and designers to put information in
about themselves. I think it would be good to include details about your
institution or company and projects you've worked/are working on with links
to websites etc.

Also, I'm not sure what is the best course of action with educator
discussion and this list. There is alot of interest by educators to discuss
their implementations and pedagogical concerns. I'm not sure if this should
be on this list or on another dedicated list. Up to everyone here to vote
about that...

Best,
Christy