[arg_discuss] Whitepaper update

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 31 07:05:17 EDT 2006

All authors should have heard from me within the last two days, with annoted
drafts or comments etc where appropriate - if not, please get in touch with
me ASAP.

We've had some problems with quite a few people having to bow out due to
work or personal commitments, and with finding a suitable conference to
publish the paper at. With the original schedule from back in March, final
drafts would be in for all topics by now, and we'd be most of the way
through putting it all together into a final document.

As it stands, half the topics are at or very nearly at final versions, and
looking very good, and the rest should be getting there within the next two
weeks. We'll be publishing the paper at PICNIC 06, which is the ideal
conference for this paper ("for all those interested and involved in cross
media content and technology in Europe, North America and Asia").

PICNIC takes place during the last week of September, so those authors who
are still not close to final drafts have another two weeks to get there
(note: I need a week just to put together all the topics, fix formatting,
fix cross-references, final error correcting, printing, binding, etc, [we'll
be handing out printed copies at the conference]). If you expect to have any
problems with that, let me know ASAP.

(I'll be posting this to the SIG website as well, in the publications
section)

Adam