[arg_discuss] RE: New website features + request for hosting space

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:04:05 EDT 2006

On 30/08/06, jwaite at argn.com <jwaite at argn.com> wrote:

> How much bandwidth are you looking to secure?  And what size are the
> files?

Video and audio clips of presentations, weighing in at tens of MB each, up
to a hundred MB or so.

Presentation slides, from 1 meg up to 10 meg each (e.g. if the presentation
includes video clips usually).

Plain videos people can just put on YouTube if we can't get any other
hosting, presentations and any other similar resources won't be so easy.

We have no way of checking site traffic levels at the moment, but I'd
estimate you'd rarely get more than 10 people downloading any big files at
once - the b/w shouldn't be an issue, it's more the monthly traffic that's
the issue (the IGDA's current peering seems to be a pretty low level)

Adam