[arg_discuss] ARGs as scams?

D. Cook me at addlepated.net
Wed Apr 19 17:06:19 EDT 2006

Here's a great example:

http://snopes.com/lost/lost.htm

Snopes.com created those legends in order to make people do their own
critical thinking and research and to stop relying on others to do
their thinking for them.

While I might get upset if an established, respected news source
started running fictional articles as the truth, I believe everything
else is fair game.  In these days where any 8 year old with an
internet connection can create a webpage, I think people are silly if
they take everything at face value.  Mental Darwinism, as it were.
--
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.