[arg_discuss] Introductions

dave at daveszulborski.com dave at daveszulborski.com
Tue Dec 13 14:56:40 EST 2005

Hi folks:

My name is Dave Szulborski and I'm thrilled to be part of this new group. I've
been involved in a multitude of ARGs, both independent and commercial, and am
the author of two books about the genre, This Is Not A Game and Through the
Rabbit Hole.

I got started in ARGs back at the time of MAJESTIC (2001) as a beta tester for
the game and actually began making my first independent game a few weeks into
the MAJESTIC experience.

I've created seven independent games since then, as well as working on some
commercial projects too, most notably Audi's Art of the Heist campaign, for
which I was the lead puzzle designer, and Chasing The Wish, a greatly
successful independent game that received international media attention.

As I mentioned earlier, I?ve written two books on the subject since then too,
including This Is Not A Game: A Guide to Alternate Reality Gaming, which was
the first published work examining the genre, and Through the Rabbit Hole, a
beginner's guide intended to introduce new players to the genre.

Again, it's great to be part of this and I look forward to learning more about
and interacting with all of you.

Dave Szulborski
dave at daveszulborski.com

www.daveszulborski.com