[arg_discuss] [sig] Moderation

Adam Martin adam at mindcandydesign.com
Tue Dec 13 13:19:19 EST 2005

 From the founding proposal for the SIG:

"Fully moderated mailing list, open to all subscribers - simple charter
on the website (c.f the list of topic areas from above), moderation to
keep things moving along, and encourage splitting threads into new
topics, etc."

Today, it became clear that two of the three list moderators were
interpreting this completely differently :). Which in turn made it
obvious that we don't have any official policy on this, and that nothing
at all is said about this to new joiners to the list.

So, the question now is: what do we want to do about moderation?