[Acupuncture-students] inducing labour

troy wolski rollertroy at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 21:28:47 EDT 2004

hi all. I recently had the pleasure of attempting to induce a labour that
was a week late. I used all the oxytocin stimulating points; GB21, Col 4, Sp
6, BL 30, BL31, BL32 and moxa on BL67. This was performed with strong
stimulation, including electro. There was a problem though with the cervix
dilating (it wouldn't dilate to 10cm-4inch) and the client eventually
required a C-section. Was there something that was missed that would have
aided the dilatation of the cervix? Any ideas or comments would be
appreciated, thanks, troy.