[Coco] Countdown to CoCoFEST!… T-11 Months

Jim Brain (2022-23 GCCC President) president at glensideccc.com
Sun May 5 15:43:42 EDT 2024

By the time you view this, the crew will be disassembling their exhibits
and packing for departure. It was a fun fest, a number of folks stopped
me and commented how much they enjoyed the event.

Of course, the fest weekend would not be complete without some of the
staples. Though it happened before the official start, the hotel managed
to catch fire (a bit of it, anyway) and what appeared to be every fire
department vehicle from the greater metropolitan Chicago area arrived.
The fire fighters hacked part of the building away to stop the fire,
started by some birds building a nest in a light enclosure:

https://www.glensideccc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/IMG_1799-scaled.jpeg

And, no fest would be complete without the Saturday Jam session:

https://www.glensideccc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/IMG_1871-1536x2048.jpeg

https://www.glensideccc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/IMG_1872-2048x1536.jpeg

https://www.glensideccc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/IMG_1873-2048x1536.jpeg

I am told the venue staff came in and “pointedly” closed the room doors
when the jam got going. No one complained to me, though, so we’ll call
it OK.

Numbers are still in flux, but it appears 117+ folks visited the show
(that’s probably a bit conservative, as it’s based on those who filled
out the door prize registration at the door), and the auction raise
almost $5K. Thanks again to our generous attendees.

      Yes, Virginia, there will be a 33rd Annual Chicago CoCoFEST!

Though we won’t have a full business meeting this week, feel free to
join our regular business meeting Zoom call this Thursday at 7:30PM,
where I’ll share more fest statistics and we can discuss items of note
and improvement suggestions.

CoCoFEST! Coordinator Grant says he’s going to bed now…

--
Jim Brain, 2023-24 President
Glenside Color Computer Club (GCCC)
president at glensideccc.com