[Coco] Assembpler for original coco 1

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:36:26 EDT 2023

2023年3月19日(日) 8:05 Lou Ciotti via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am curious, assume I were to have an original coco 1, what was the
> assembler that was used. Was it EDTASM or were there others?

Yeah, if you only have 4K of RAM, you need the EDTASM+ cart so you can run
from ROM.

16K of RAM would allow use of the disk EDTASM+.

Of course, the amount of RAM limits the size of programs or overlays.

I think remember other assembler ROM carts, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft's
EDTASM was not the first, either cart or disk, but I don't remember
specifics. Someone here does.