[Coco] I used a stock Tandy Coco FD502 disk drive on my Nabu PC; . And it worked!

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Mar 16 15:13:10 EDT 2023

On 3/16/23 08:20, rietveld rietveld via Coco wrote:

> Stock Tandy Coco disk drive on the Nabu PC https://imgur.com/a/SxETups
>

> Sent via BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox for Android<http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackberry.hub>

No reason why it should not work, the coco drives were plain commodity
drives. the only 3.5" that wouldn't work were used on systems that used
variation of the amiga trackdisk format.  That format had no index pulse
and read and wrote a whole track at a time. That was actually a faster
write, update the buffer, and write it as soon as the track was acquired
by stepping to it.  Any std rpm drive with an index pulse just worked.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis