[Coco] The CoCo Nation News Poll Results

Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey exile at weylan-yutani.com
Sun Mar 12 10:52:37 EDT 2023

Please accept my apologies in advance for yet another wall of text long post.

Hopefully by the end it will be understandable why ...

As you could see through the week - many people had excellent feedback
regarding the CoCo Nation News links posts.

The majority response was "A" and "A preferred, but B is okay"

The numbers I tallied were:
A or A with B as second preference: 16
B or B with A as second preference: 11

Because of the overwhelming number of "OR" responses - I stopped tallying A-
only, or B-only which were less than a handfull each anyway.

And yes, I was glad to see no one chose C, and that there was an interesting D
option included as well.

Great points were raised along the way:
1) Replies need to be trimmed to just the portion replied to.

2) These are posted to hopefully raise discussion topics for people who do not
want to participate in Facebook, Discord, or similar sites.

3) The CoCo Nation links at the bottom were grindy repetitive.

Ultimately, point 1) is not anything I can personally do anything about.
What do folks think about adding a one-line reminder like
"Please trim any replies to this post down to just the article you're
responding to" or something similar to the footer?

For point 2) I was glad to see that was noticed.

Point 3) was brought up along the way. I checked the CoCo Nation site and there
is a page with most of the links I had in the footer - so I've dropped the old
footer and added the "link to the TCN links page" instead - already implemented
this week.

And now: going forward.

It seems John's suggestion (aka option B) was a close second in opinion.

To me, 11 to 16 is not a clear "winner" or "loser" situation.

To me, it means that the current formula isn't "good enough" to be a 2/3rds
majority preference.

So what would that be and how to get there?

Archiving the news summaries on the TCN website and not just in the Discord
would make them more accessible, especially for people who dislike Discord, so
that needs to be done regardless - I will talk with the TCN folks about what it
would take to make that go.

And, with those posted to the site - I could *add* the link to the archive site
at the top of the page, "above" the fold as it were.

Then the link is there - can be clicked if desired - and the entire rest of the
post ignored and deleted / moved on from?

Would that be "good enough" for people who wanted only "B" (a single link) or B
preferred over A?

--
Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey <exile at weylan-yutani.com>
Weylan-Yutani Corporation