[Coco] Lyra for HDB-DOS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 07:47:45 EST 2023

I don't quite understand. You say "File/Load", then there should be no "Drive Number Box". That's under "File/Set Drive Number". Click "File/Set Drive Number", the drive box should appear. You type the drive number (3 digits) then hit <ENTER>. The drive box should disappear. THEN go to "File Load", select your file with the mouse/joystick, and click.
There are almost no key commands in Lyra. It's almost completely joystick controlled with the few exceptions of the edit mode.
BTW, the manual is located in the Archives under "Documents/Manuals/Application/Lyra 2.6". It was Lester's last "official" manual before he stopped development. It doesn't include the HDBDOS or DW4 instructions, but works pretty much the same.
I don't have a real Coco handy, but it all works perfect in VCC.
You should be using "Lyra 2.88 for HDBDOS" from the archives and in that zip, there are 2 versions, one for HDBDOS 1.1 and another for HDBDOS 1.4. The 1.4 is most likely what you should be using unless you have a really old version of HDBDOS (Coco 1?).

Are you using the proper version for your HDBDOS version?