[Coco] DriveWire 4 Installation

Rob Rosenbrock bester at adamswells.com
Thu Feb 9 17:30:25 EST 2023

That is the kind of installation I prefer - and my own programs are as self contained. I like to be sure that there are no dependencies on external files, or changes made to Windows. I can remember installations that break older programs by forcing an update on libraries.

DriveWire is slick! I got it up and running with my CoCo3FPGA. The only issue that I had is that I do not remember the switch settings and that led to me (I think) having the wrong baud rate on the serial port. The FPGA makes for a really nice CoCo, but it isn’t very useful if you don’t have a means of storing programs.

I found the instance manager. Very nice touch! I used it to verify that my FPGA was actually connected.

I’ll have to play around with it some more to see if I can connect both the FPGA and a virtual CoCo. For now, I’m going to copy my library over to the other PC.