[Coco] Cross-platform editor for CoCo BASIC?

robert.gault at att.net robert.gault at att.net
Thu Feb 2 13:31:04 EST 2023

Roger Taylor wrote three packages to edit Basic and assembly programs, Portal-9 IDE, Rainbow IDE, and Phoenix IDE.These programs use whatever screen width you have on your PC and will create .dsk files to work with the MESS CoCo emulators.Rainbow IDE v1.4 is available on the colorcomputerarchive.com and may or may not be unlocked. The packages will do some trial work but need to be bought for full use.I happen to like Rainbow v1.6 .Now you can use any text editor to write Basic programs on your PC. However, you need to change the the "end of a sentence" and remove the "end of line" characters to match what Basic expects. So you need a raw file editor to remove the $0A entries and change all $0D$0A to $0D. You can create .dsk images with wimgtool.exe which is on the colorcomputerarchive and the most recent version may be able to adjust the line endings and sentence endings to match Basic.Sent from my LG Mobile