[Coco] Cross-platform editor for CoCo BASIC? (Alex Evans)

johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:21:55 EST 2023

All,

Where I went to college, I had this instructor named John Blankenship. And he taught us structured BASIC on the Apple II computer.
We used a program called Blankenship BASIC. The program would take our structured BASIC code and convert it to BASIC and then we could run the code. He did not want us to use a goto statement. But I think he allow us to use one goto statement per program if we had a good reason to do so. He had us write a BASIC interpreter in BASIC. This was about 1985. He was a very good instructor.

https://www.callapple.org/books-3/blankenship-basic-new-manual/

https://www.amazon.com/Blankenship-BASIC-John/dp/1387917919

You can contact John Blankenship using this link.
http://www.robotbasic.org/contact-us-1/

-John Mark Mobley