[Coco] Computer Club Meeting in Palatine Illinois on May 6th. 2023 from 11:30 am to 4:30 pm

johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 10:44:06 EDT 2023

All,

Chicago Classic Computing is just a general classic computer club. We
welcome all classic computer users.

Link:
http://chiclassiccomp.org/

Link:
https://groups.io/g/chiclassiccomp

ChiClqassicComp is meeting on May 6th, 2023 from 11:30 am to 4:30 pm at the
Palatine Public library, 700 N North Ct, Palatine, IL 60067.
We will be meeting in Meeting Room 2 on the 1st floor. We have a large
screen that we can use for presentations. You can connect to the screen by a
wired connection VGA and HDMI or an IP address. We have use of a small
kitchen. You can bring your own food. We have plenty of table space and a
lot of AC power outlets. Bring a 10-15 ft. extension cord and a power strip.

The library has free public unsecure Wi-Fi with no lock and no password.

https://www.palatinelibrary.org/reserve-room/meeting-room-2?selected_date=05
/04/2023

Bring a vintage/classic/retro computer to show, a laptop with some kind of
emulator, something to repair, or a kit to build. I plan to bring my
soldering station, automatic disordering tool, and a soldering gun for when
you need high power to unsolder something bulky. I only know how to work
with lead/tin solder. If someone wants to teach us how to work with non-lead
solder, then please do so. I have a simple oscilloscope that has a small
issue, but it works mostly. I can bring it if someone thinks they need it to
debug an issue. I also have analog and digital multimeters. I can read a
schematic and I can troubleshoot a linear power supply.

You can park outside or in the underground parking garage. There are two
outside parking lots on each side of the underground parking, but only one
will let drive into the underground parking. From the underground parking
you take an elevator to the 1st floor. Parking is free.

The worst of COVID-19 is mostly over! You are not required to wear a mask.

When the meeting is over then we can go out to eat if you like.

Tell all your friends.

-John Mark Mobley