[Coco] HDBDOS ROM

robert.gault at att.net robert.gault at att.net
Fri Apr 7 16:29:14 EDT 2023

The same feature is present in RGBDOS. I use AUTOEXEC.BAS to run a menu program which asks which other programs I want to run. Included is a choice of NitrOS-9 versions as I have several "boot disks" installed on the .vhd drive in the Basic partition.Sent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Christopher R. Hawks via Coco Date: Fri, Apr 7, 2023 3:34 PMTo: coco at maltedmedia.com;Cc: Christopher R. Hawks;Subject:Re: [Coco] HDBDOS ROMOn Fri, 7 Apr 2023 14:23:24 -0400
Bill Gunshannon via Coco  wrote:

> On 4/7/2023 2:04 PM, tfadden via Coco wrote:
> > As long as your boot module has the Drivewire drivers and devices
> > you want it will  work with HDBDOS.
> >
> > In my setup I use SuperDos (I think it was renamed to HDBDOS) I
> > boot from floppy with /dd as a SCSI disk partition.
> > I have two 1TB scsi disks mounted each with partitions (works the
> > same with IDE disks). I can then access all drivewire functions and
> > cocosdc disks and 3 floppies from 0s9.
> >
> > in short for os9 drivewire access is via drivewire modules in the
> > os9boot, not on rom.
> >
> > I like using floppy boot as it is much more easy to create custom
> > and test os9boot's.
> >

> Yeah, now I feel silly.  Of course what you have once NitrOS9 is
> running has nothing
>
> to do with HDBDOS.  But here's another question then.  Has anyone
> ever made a
>
> ROM image that will boot NitrOS9 directly upon turning the machine
> on? Seems
>
> doable and probably not as complicated as things like HDBDOS. Should
> I add that
>
> to my list of project I probably won't get done before I die? :-)
>

> bill

    Simplest thing is to use HDBDOS (and SDC-DOS) AUTOEXEC.BAS feature.
A file named "AUTOEXEC.BAS" will automatically be run on power up.
A simple:
10 DOS
program will suffice.

    See the respective manuals for locations and details..

    Works for me.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"In the old days, people said: It is too bad that things do not go in
the world as the preacher preaches.  Maybe the time will come,