[Coco] HDBDOS ROM

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:43:40 EDT 2023

On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 1:23 PM Bill Gunshannon via Coco <
coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> On 4/7/2023 2:04 PM, tfadden via Coco wrote:
> <cut>
>
> to do with HDBDOS.  But here's another question then.  Has anyone ever
> made a
>
> ROM image that will boot NitrOS9 directly upon turning the machine on?
> Seems
>
> doable and probably not as complicated as things like HDBDOS. Should I
> add that
>
> to my list of project I probably won't get done before I die? :-)

I myself did it in a round about way.
I took the boot track and made a ROM loader that moved the data from the
ROM into the correct location in RAM where Disk Basic's DOS command would
store it and then the ROM routine would jump into the same location the DOS
command would.  This way when the CoCo powers up the boot track is there
ready to go.

There may be a better way to do it, but I figured this would work and when
using EEPROM's like a AT28C64 in a FD-502 controller or a 2364adapter from
Jim Brain's store so I can use the AT28C64 in a 24 PIN 2364 style ROM
socket in a older floppy controller.

> <cut>

Sincerely,
David Ladd