[Coco] Creating OS-9 Split Screens

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Mon Jun 27 16:46:57 EDT 2022

A OS9 question.

Aside from using Multi-Vue how can one easily divide up the screen.

IN "OS-9 LEVEL II volume 1:a beginners guide to windows the give an
example code

wcreate -z
/w1 -s=7 0 0 80 20 2 0 4
/w2      0 20 80 4 2 7

I tried it. It did not work actually replaced /w1 with /w5 and /w2 with
/w6 because my startup
already opens /w1 and /w2 as full screen windows.

Creating split windows works just fine on the same system with gshell.

I am ruining a recent NitrOS9.

Has anyone ever made a program where you just answer some questions
about the window setup you
would like and the program spits out a script that will create such
windows.
Or a program that figures out what all the current open windows are and
spits out a script to reproduce the same layout.

I saw another way of doing it involving the display command but that is
not working either.

The actual screen I want is Type 8 split 14x40 character with "8x8" font
and a second window underneath 10x40 characters. Don't care about the
actual colors as long as readable and easy to know which window one is
in.

Charlie