[Coco] Commodore 10 PRINT maze in Color BASIC / Assembly

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jun 21 22:51:55 EDT 2022

> On Jun 21, 2022, at 8:39 PM, robert.gault--- via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Allen. The first sending did not look quite right. Your code is probably as small as possible but not really random. Here is an example of using the RND in the ROM.

Ah, a complete version! I just ran it for the first time. Nicely done.

In the comments for the 8-Bit Show and Tell C64 assembly version, folks keep figuring out ways to get it smaller and smaller. I think someone got it down to 8 bytes! They have all kinds of things that are “random enough” for slash backslash. I don’t think we have those options.

These ROM calls, converting to/from floating point and such, sure slow it down.

Thank you for this example! May I share it in a future blog post?

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware