[Coco] HBD-DOS FD Controller

rcrislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Mon Jun 13 21:42:41 EDT 2022

On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 11:50:35 +0000 (UTC)
Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> What is the rest of your hardware? Is it a CoCo3, 2, or 1? Can you
> create real disks from .dsk images and if not, do you have a method
> for transferring programs from a PC to your CoCo? To fix your problem
> without making a cart with an eprom, you will at least need to
> connect your CoCo to your PC with a cassette cable to transfer files
> that way. With a CoCo1 or 2, a program could put them into an all RAM
> mode where HDBDOS for Drivewire could be loaded and maybe work.

<snip>

Hi Robert, my system is a CoCo 3 with the 6903 processor. Attached to
it is the CoCo3ized Multipak. It also has Sloopy's AirCoCo chip in it,
but Sloopy showed me how to go around it as it does disable the serial
port when enabled. Also when it's enabled it disables the real FDDs as
well. But with a plain jane 501FDC installed I can access my FDDs. As
gene pointed out, my DISTO II does have Cloud 9's HBD-DOS in it and
what else he did.