[Coco] 2022-06-10 Update on my CoCoIOn Ethernet Card Project

Michael Furman n6il at ocs.net
Fri Jun 10 15:52:24 EDT 2022

I ended last week’s post with a riddle:

My CoCo needs to know what time it is and it can send and receive UDP packets.

The Answer: We don’t need no steenkin’ Real-Time Clocks!  Introducing: NTP on the CoCo

YouTube Video 1: NTP on the CoCo
https://youtu.be/eu2x6OmREF0

YouTube Video 2: Demonstration of the CoCOIOn Ethernet Card on a CoCo 2
https://youtu.be/utCqwvolmEY

I wrote an ntpdate application for the CoCo that works with the CoCoIOn Ethernet Card.  After the card is initialized with ccio -i you can run ntpdate to set the system time.

GitHub:
https://github.com/n6il/cocoio-dw/releases/tag/20220610
https://github.com/n6il/cocoio-dw/tree/main/tests

Hardware From: