[Coco] Cocofest visitor seating

Glenside President (Jim Brain) president at glensideccc.com
Thu Feb 17 11:41:53 EST 2022

On 2/17/2022 7:12 AM, rietveld rietveld wrote:
> Hi.  Just wondering what the seating situation looks like for non vendors?
> I really don't have any thing of consequence to display this year and as such I am not sure getting a table makes much sense.
>

> Sent via BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox for Android<http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackberry.hub>

Firstly, I do want to gently nudge you to consider presenting even a
small item from your recent efforts (like those you've noted on
Facebook), as there's always interest.

But, to answer your question, there are a number of possible options:

1) We have secured both side rooms to the main exhibit hall, and the one
where we're storing/displaying any auction items has tables and chairs
for folks to "camp out" or "discuss" topics of interest.  This is
actually the preferred use for this room/seating.

2) Most of the exhibit hall tables have more seating than vendor/table
requestor folks, and I know I'd be happy to host someone at my table if
they'd agree to "watch" it a bit while I visit the restroom or walk
around the exhibit area, in case someone stops by. Others may have even
fewer "demands" for a chair and place to set a laptop or iPad.

3) There are some tables right by the entrance doors that are reserved,
but I don't think we actually have a purpose for them.  At the last
fest, folks hung out there to rest and use their laptop.

4) as we get closer to the fest, it might be that a few tables go
un-requested.  If so, those would be fair game.

5) if everything else fails, there is a 5th room (across from the
exhibit hall) that we do not currently rent, but could quickly do so
with seating if needed.

Jim

--
Jim Brain, 2021-22 President