[Coco] Tandy Joysticks

farna at amc-mag.com farna at amc-mag.com
Wed Feb 16 08:01:17 EST 2022

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:57:23 -0500
 From: coco at jechar.ca

I understand that some of the Tandy 1000's or was it 2000's used a Mini
DIN version
of the Color Computer's joystick port.

-------------------------------------

Nope. Tandy 2000 was considered a "business" computer and had no
joystick ports... unless there was an add-on board I'm unaware of.
The Tandy 1000 used the standard "Deluxe Joystick" that the CoCo used --
same DIN port.

I had a 2000. Gutted it and mounted a CoCo 3 motherboard in there. Used
a Disto controller with a HD adapter -- that just did fit in the "tray"
on the bottom of the plastic case that held the original motherboard. I
ended up cutting a hole in the front center to mount a 720K 3.5" drive.
Was a good setup for OS-9.... which I never really got into. Sold it --
wish I could remember who to and if it's still out there soldiering on
somewhere! Can't be another like it...

A quick E-bay check shows a Tandy 2000 for $295. Untested as they have
no monitor (used a VM-1 monochrome or CM-1 CGA color monitor -- standard
IBM types), sold "as is for parts or repair". A bit costly for a box to
put a Color Computer in. Mine I got for free way back in the early 90s.