[Coco] Uemacs

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:57:57 EST 2022

On 2/11/22 13:08, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> Unless I am mis-remembering, the original Tandy/Microware login did indeed shut echo
>  for the password. But the password list was definitely plain text.

Yes, the password is plaintext.  Might be fun to fix that, too
but not critical as I am sure few of us have more than one user
on our machines,  :-) I put a password in for my account just
out of curiosity to see if it even worked, and it does.  I like
the web server, too, but I haven't really done anything with it
yet.

I did get my first run at SmallC running.  But they used a strange
assembler format/syntax so the next step will be to make it generate
assembler for either the Microware assemble or the RMA in the C
compiler.  Another fun project would be to get a version of Tiny
Pascal running on it.  And, I am sure I will think of other things
to do.  Bourne Shell?  Maybe  full screen editor that  works like
WordStar.  :-)  Who knows, maybe even the whole Software Tools
Virtual Operating System.  OS9 was not one of OSes it ran on
originally.

bill