[Coco] Drivewire on an original Raspberry Pi

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Fri Feb 4 11:37:21 EST 2022

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 08:55:11 +0800
Walter ZAMBOTTI <zambotti at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> And in order to get DriveWire4 to run you will need to use Java
> version 6 (1.6).
>
> I tried version 7 and later but it didn't work.
>
> The code for SWT 4.2.3.4 indicates it was written for Java 4 (1.4)
> but that is very difficult to source.
>
> Installing multiple versions of Java is fine and I modified the
> DW4UI.sh script to use the correct version by changing :
>
> java -jar DW4UI.jar
>
> to:
>
> /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6/bin/java -jar DW4UI.jar
>
> Walter

[...]

    Unfortch, apt-get on the Pi says that there is no candidate to
install Java-6. 'It may have been removed.'  All we need is someone to
find the Raspbian deb file for java-6. You can install from a local
file, but, I don't remember the incantation off hand. If anyone
installed it with 'apt-get' the deb file may still be in
/var/cache/apt/archive/.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Oh, no, you've given away my Master Plan! SMCS 1, Introduction to
Cartoon Studies, will be premiering after we finish the big academic